Thursday, May 17, 2007

05-16-07

This blog (wow, that’s really sad, I had to add the word ‘blog’ to the dictionary in Word)… anyways. This blog will serve 2 purposes. First, it will do the normal thing of mundane updates on my life; happy joy. Now those of you who care (mom and grandma) can keep abreast on the ins and outs without needing the phone calls. No, the calls wont stop; reading this will just allow you to ask more in depth questions – think of it as a briefing.

The second reason, however, is more why I started this blog. I am going through a time in life (which I hope will continue for a long time) when I am really trying to figure out how all this God stuff works. Yah, the theory is great, and good theology is important, but how do I live out my faith? How will it manifest itself in my daily walk? How do I take God’s words seriously? How will my life change as I am molded by my creator to look more and more like him everyday?

I look forward to finding out.

And I also look forward to your comments. Remember, we were not made to operate in isolation. I covet your ideas/comments/snide remarks. Hey, ya spent the time reading my thoughts; you might as well improve the site with your thoughts.

As for you, well I have to admit that I am doing this a bit selfishly. It helps me to process life when I write things down… so I figure why not let others peek in. God may use a nobody like me to encourage someone else every blue moon.

So here is where it gets interactive… I need some feedback from some of you that have been doing this since 2005. I will have at least 2 lines of thought going in this blog (maybe more). One will be the random happenings of my day; usually fairly short postings. But the second will be my drawn out musings on an issue which will probably be quite lengthy. Do I have separate blogs for that? Do I leave it up to you guys to wade through what you want? Can blogspot support parallel blogs on a page and you choose which one or both to display? Do I have different postings for each and lable one as ‘happenings’ and one as ‘musings’? How do I do that? And what if another thread comes in? Then what?

Well, that’s it for today. I need to get back to writing my paper for class. Laterz and God bless.

3 comments:

Katanna said...

"Post early, post often."

Just post everything here, we will love you!

Matthew

Unknown said...

If you think about it too much, or plan it out too much, then it is an editorial or opinion column. A blog, however, is usually more random and less plotted or rehearsed. Thumbs up to katanna's comment...

Also, how the heck did this thing already know my name!?

Sara said...

Snide remarks? Oooohhhh - I'm good at that :)

Brandon - blogspot is owned by google now. They even know what color of underwear you're wearing...