Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Spring Break

Well here is my long overdue posts (in multiple parts) - have fun!

First, spring break. (wow… has it really been that long… ). I went to Michigan for spring break and preached at a small church. I preached Sunday morning, and then Sunday night through Wednesday night (5 times total). Sunday morning I preached on who Christ is. I showed that he is superior and is worthy of our worship with shows itself through our actions and through our words.

Sunday night I talked about the fact that many of us see God as a nice cushy pretty God who is always interested in making us happy. I showed that this God is a fake God. The God of scripture primarily wants to bring glory to himself and to grow us into more mature believers whether or not that makes us comfortable. Then on Monday night I asked people to consider whether or not they were actually Christians. I said that they should not look inside their minds at what they ‘believe’ but at their actions. Scripture says that if you are a Christian you will show it by your actions (love, charity, studying scripture, worship, prayer, fasting….). If you don’t have those things, it doesn’t make you lose your salvation, but it probably shows that you are not a Christian.

Tuesday night I talked about prayer, and Wednesday night I did a first person narrative from the Old Testament. That was a lot of fun. I got dressed up and told a story. The kids in the audience seemed to enjoy that a lot.

I had fun the whole week playing in the snow and taking lots of pictures. After I was done preaching, Bwige and I drove up to Canada and played in the snow there. It was a BLAST!! Then we drove home through Green Bay and flew home. All in all, the trip was a lot of fun.

No comments: