Thursday, July 26, 2007

July 21, 2007 - The Adventure Begins

6:30am – my trip
The adventure has begun…. almost. Bwige and I spent all night packing and getting ready (aka we didn’t go to sleep). We left at 3:45 am for her parents house where her wonderful dad gave us a ride to DFW. Our flight is supposed to leave at 7:20 for New York at noon. Then we catch a flight to Madrid at 7:30 pm. This should give us a few hours to wander the streets of NY and have some roasted nuts and hotdogs. mmmmm… NY street food.

After checking in, going through security, and finding the right gate we sat to at our gate, excitedly waiting for our adventure to begin. My cell phone rang. “Thank you for flying Delta. We have an update for your flight. *pause* Your flight has been canceled. You will now leave at noon and arrive at 4:40. Thank you for flying Delta.” So here we sit in the airport with a 5 hour wait for our flight. The good news is that we should still have enough time to catch our flight to Madrid, the bad news is that we won’t get to have yummy NY street food.

I’m not really worried. We will get there when we get there. Now is time to relax and go with the flow. Its not really worth it to freak out. I’m just glad I went to walmart and got enough food for us for a good part of the day. Although… I nibble when I sit… so it may not last.

So here I sit, in front of our plane which is in the gate, where it will sit for 5 more hours. And the cutest girl in the whole world is sleeping beautifully on the ground waiting for our flight. Wow, a more wonderful princess has never graced the floor of DFW!


2:00 pm – my trip
We are en route to JFK. And we had a surprise in store for us – first class! Man, its nice. You get drinks before you take off, and they come around with a little basket of snacks for you to choose from (chips, oatmeal bar, peanuts) instead of the normal ginger cookies. I’ve never flown first class before… its kinda nice

3:00 pm – my thoughts
So Thursday night I spent all night cleaning the house – like from 11pm till 4:30 am. I could have just given it a once-over and been done with it, but I knew that it would thrill my wife if I cleaned well. So I gave the whole house a good spring cleaning.
I wanted to please Bwige. I could not wait till she woke up… I wanted to see her jaw drop when she saw it.
Well I was thinking later that morning about how that seems to be what God wants from us. He wants us to be so in love with him that we just long to please him. He wants us to go out of our way and lose sleep to show our love to him.
I want my heart to be so in love with Christ and so grateful for the fact that he saved us from eternal death that waking up early for him would be a privilege and a joy instead of a struggle. Isn’t that how we should treat God if we truly love him?

?:00 – my trip
Sitting in the airplane, somewhere over the Atlantic ocean. We are traveling 575 m/h ground speed at 35,000 feet. Outside the plane it is a toasty 1º F. I have no idea what time it is. I just know that I will arrive in Madrid in a few hours and I can’t sleep. But oh well, I can sleep when I get home! I am excited. It is just now beginning to sink in… I am going to be in Europe.

No comments: