Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Political Opinions on Abortion

So I am baffled, amazed, and generally disgusted. I was fishing around the net for political info the other day trying to get a better idea on who I should vote for. Although I generally lean republican (only because I generally agree with them on the issues), I am an independent at heart and would have no problem voting democrat if the candidate were right. So I find a site that is comparing the candidate (http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/issues/abortion/index.html). And I start looking and then I see that the middle column is the candidates opinions “ON LATE-TERM ABORTIONS A recent Supreme Court ruling upheld the 2003 Partial-Birth Abortion Ban.” So this is whether the candidates agree with a BAN on Partial Birth Abortion.

Now, I must put in one note here because I just did a google on it and found out that I misunderstood what it is they do. I was correct in thinking that they do partially birth the baby (by reaching into the womb through the vagina with forceps and grabbing the legs and pulling it half way out). However, I found out that they do it between the 5th and 6th month instead of at the end of the pregnancy. The thing that shocked me and made me sick was HOW they actually aborted the child. (warning: this is not for the squeamish) The doctor actually uses the forceps to make a hole in the child’s head and then uses a vacuum to suck out the brains of the unborn child. I was absolutely speechless. I can think of few more disgusting and inhumane ways to slaughter a child.

Just Wow.

So yah, back to politics. Again, I am reading a page about the positions of each candidate on the supreme court BANNING this horrific procedure. As I go down the list, with only one exception, EVERY DEMOCRAT WAS AGAINST THE BAN!!!! THEY ARE FOR PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTIONS!!! I was totally speechless. I could not believe it. how can you be ok with this barbaric procedure?!?! (Senator Biden, the one dissenting voice, supported the ban but chided the court because he said it opened the door to appealing Roe vs Wade).

Well, that makes that decision REAL easy. Unless Biden is on the ticket, no democratic votes from me. There are a few issues that will make or break my vote… that’s one of them. It turns my stomach to think of such things and it really gives a clear picture where our society is… its disgusting. As for the republican side, all of them supported the ban. The one almost exception is Giuliani who was OK with PBA in the past but is now opposes it.

So, no that I AM going to vote Republican, but I am sure as heck not going to vote for any fool that is ok with murdering a child in such a horrendous way!

OK… now for the caveat… am I wrong somewhere? I admit that I am not an expert in this area. Do I have bad information or illogical thoughts? If so, please tell me, I want to have a cogent and intelligent opinion on this subject. What do you think?

Coming soon!! - An article I found where a MIT guy says that we will soon be marrying (and having sex with) robots! I’ll post that tomorrow. (no, I’m not kidding)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Forgive my being "closed minded" or whatever, but I'm not sure there's much light that can be shed on the subject to change what it is. A murdered baby is still a dead baby - no matter how gently or horrifically the process took place. As a parent, I find it heartwrenching and appalling that these innocent children are discarded like trash.

Marrying a robot, eh? I guess that falls into the Darwin category - the dumb folks who do it won't be passing on their genes.

Jennifer Nedbalek said...

Just dropping in...we talked about my thoughts on the subject last night.